Monday, October 21, 2013

New York: Fashion Celebrity Sightings

This weekend I visited New York City, a capital for fashion, to attend the Teen Vogue Fashion U event. There I met a few really special people to the industry that I am so eager to share!

One amazing woman I met was Elaine Welteroth 
// Beauty and health director of Teen Vogue //
Elaine was so sweet, not to mention she had killer hair! We chatted for a few minutes and we talked about TVFU and her YouTube contributions to the Teen Vouge channel. She even complimented my research abilities after I made a quick comment on the hard work she goes through to make 30 videos in only 3 days, which was really cool for her to acknowledge considering I pore over ever edition of Teen Vogue! I was really excited to meet Elaine and was so happy to have talked to her.

Next, I got the chance to meet
// Teen Vogue's Style Blogger and Style Features Director, Andrew Bevan //
I love his segment Breakfast With Bevan on the Teen Vogue YouTube account so I was thrilled to have talked with him briefly! He was even nice enough to walk me out! He had such a bubbly personality and it really rubbed off on me! The next day at the seminars he gave some really amazing advise to us aspiring in fashion and was one of my favorites of the day.
Despite my previous thoughts of him, he turned out to be a really nice guy!
Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to have breakfast with him (hehe)

Lastly, but certainly not least!
// Jourdan Dunn, British Fashion Model //
This was probably the most nervous moment of my life! Jourdan Dunn is positively one of my favorite models, as I have mentioned before, so obviously when I saw her searching the racks of TopShop in Soho, I quite nearly fainted (Really though, she noticed I was actually shaking!)
She was so lovely and took a bunch of pictures with us!
Her makeup was flawless and she was wearing this really cool two-toned jacket!
She is so incredibly beautiful in person, so it came as a complete shock when she told me I was beautiful after I made a comment about not wanting to look idiotic in the photographs. It was really special considering she's such an inspiration for me, so a huge thank you to Jourdan Dunn!

So that's all for my fashion celebrity sightings. Stay tuned for more exciting posts about my weekend at Teen Vogue Fashion U soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment